On My Day

I'm at my aunt's house in Vermont for the weekend. I decided to come at the last minute, because I expected to have some quality time with my family. However, it turned out that my mum went to visit her father-in-law, and my aunt had to bring my cousin back to school, so I have been left alone with the puppies.
I was disappointed, of course, and at first I was a little worried. I'm not good at being alone, I tend to get sad and lonely. However, I've had a great day: I took a walk around to see all the changes around here (a lot has been cleared out and there's a new apple orchard), I took some pictures which I haven't done in ages, I sat out on the patio and read my book, I took a nap with all the windows open. Spring hasn't sprung up here yet, but it's certainly tightly coiled and just about to!
Now life has returned to the house and I'm sipping a cocktail while Besty is on the phone. I just planted some flowers in Dave's garden, so I'm going to go sit with them and pick mud from my fingernails.

I'm sorry I haven't updated lately. I've got a real entry brewing in my head, so hopefully that will be posted soon.

Until then! Ciao.

No comments: